Westgate and Birchington golf club is looking to recruit a Head Greenkeeper.
The 18 Hole 4847 yards Par 64 course sits on the cliff tops on the north Kent coats with stunning views of the North Sea. The course is in superb condition throughout the year and is a true test for all levels of golf. Substantial improvements have been undertaken over recent years and we plan for more continuous improvements to maintain the high standards our members expect.
Westgate and Birchington Golf Club was originally founded in 1893 and is a private members club. The role is ideally suited to a Deputy head greenkeeper or first assistant looking to make the step up into management.
We are looking for an ambitious Head Greenkeeper who is driven to maintain the course to the highest standard and continue to improve the playing surfaces. Implementing a daily work plan to prepare the course in line with club competitions and fixtures.
The suitable candidate should have the following skills:
- NVQ L3 in greenkeeping or sports turf management (essential)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a deputy or first assistant (essential)
- Pa1, Pa2, Pa6 spraying certificates (essential)
- Cs30, Cs31 chainsaw (desirable)
- Experience with irrigation running and repair (desirable)
- Good working knowledge of fine turf machinery with some mechanical skills (desirable)
- IT skills (essential)
- Ensure health and safety practices are in place (essential)
- Construction experience (desirable)
Remuneration will be based on skill level and experience.
To apply please send CV accompanied with covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 30th June 2022